We have been perusing Dog’s new Official Site at http://www.dogthebountyhunter.com for a few months now. We must be clear that we are not Members so we can only review what is available to the public and rely on Fan Club Member input.
For this review, we will do a top 5 list of what is positive and what is negative
We will start off with the positive.
1) The website is quite attractive in appearance. The flowing lava, the whole look is very up to date. It is built like a Myspace type model where each member has their own site. A good idea
2) Chat Room and Message Board for Members. Another good idea for members to be able to interact is the chat room. More sites should have this feature. A message board is strictly like a bulletin board where members leave messages. The crew does enter the chat room to converse directly to members. Beth herself is the most frequent visitor we hear. We cannot fairly review this area as we are not members at the present time.
3) The website access is included with a Fan Club Membership. For the top two levels, you also receive a Dog Tshirt and now an autograph of every crew member. A decent value for a years entertainment
4) Truth. Instead of relying on private sites that carry lies and rumors, you get the news from the source, what is really going on. Its pleasant to have a site where the scavengers cannot freely lie and libel the family with blatant lies.
5) They have paid full time staff to take care of the site. Having paid staff greatly enhances a website. It helps stops drama swiftly as members who cannot abide by site rules are removed. In fact Dog’s son Wes is the webmaster of the site. Having direct contact with the family makes membership well worthwhile. You do not get it anywhere else and its a bonus a Chapman is employed on the website
Top 5 Negative
1) Lack of time in the chat room with the Chapmans. While all members of the family have visited we hear, Beth is the only regular visitor. The boys rarely enter chat we are told.
2) Crew Member Pages which we have monitored are very rarely updated. The crew does not post messages often on their pages. We have read members asking for crew comments on their personal sites, but it again is very rare.(much like Baby Lyssa’s Myspace Fan page since August)
3) Membership Package for $70 is questionable. This costly package includes only a Tshirt and a crew autographed photo which is decent. We are told that the new packages will be improved. We have also heard that the black Tshirts that are official are so thin, they are see through. We have not seen one in person, but members seem to agree on these statements.
4) Here is what the club offers with our comments beside it.
- Access to exclusive content including videos, audio and photos…….Very few Videos. All can see them
- Members-only access to Dog’s Blog.. Members say Dog has never posted a blog
- Private message boards, blogs and chats… Accurate. Caviat. Blogs are not private
- Personalized @DogTheBountyHunter.com web e-mail address None-existant
- 10% discount at Dog’s Clique Online Store.. Active for a small selection of items ( not the main Dog store)
- Exclusive access to pre-sale tickets*….. Unused.
- Meet & Greet opportunities**…… Only one so far and anyone could go we are told (Mooseheart)
- And Much, much more! What ? We have no evidence of any other features.
Not an overwhelming fulfillment of what is promised. Hopefully management there will fufil their promises.
5) We have had complaints of slow member package deliveries. However this seems to be abating somewhat according to our reader emails.
Summation and Disclaimer
We are not members of the Official Fan Club Site so our review is limited to public views and member feedback to us.
We would recommend joining the fan club as it does offer a pleasant moderated atmosphere for fans. bu must add that we could only give the club a 6.5 out of 10. For $30, you can get a Tshirt and a years membership. This is a good deal. The same price as a night at the movies for a years access.
This rather middle of the road rating is due to 2 factors, very limited Chapman involvement, also a distinct lack of features promised, but not delivered. We personally will hold off joining till the site gets its act together.
If you are a fan club member. Feel free to submit your opinion on our review.
UPDATE OCT 16TH.
This blog was contacted by 8 members of the Official Fan Club who through various time zones, waited up for a visit in the Official Chat Room that never came. We hear there was no visit announced. However, many were let down and waited for hours. It seems the least they could do is pop by and say thanks when the fans are the only reason they are still on TV.
It seems except for Beth, the entire clan has been unable to recall the location of the chat room or even their own pages on the site. We were told the crew rarely if ever visits. The members were told their would be announced chats. This has not occurred. We emailed the website company, a few staff members, and none would comment on our story. We must make clear that we are not members and are relying on testimonials from members. Nevertheless, one would think on a special day, they would take the effort.
Update Oct 26th, 2008.
We thank 7 more Official Fan Club Members for their input. They asked that their comments not be published due to Fan Club Rules and we will abide by their wishes. We also have received a few hostile emails attacking the writers on this site. We debated publishing their comments, but do to minimum intelligence levels, poor spelling, and attack dog mentality, we choose not to publish their comments. We have seen Dog fans who wear blinders curse out alternate reviewers. Intelligent factual comments will always be posted. Fans who wear blinders and choose fantasy over reality, as a few we got today, should move on. For Example, one email we received last night, was titled Seting it strait!,, Says a lot , does it not 🙂
We stand by our review regarding chat and the lack of participation by most of the Dog Posse anywhere on the official site. Our Tshirt review is up for debate. The vote now from members is 50-50. Please feel free to contact our site with any intelligent points.